Nicki Minaj Recalls Having an Abortion as a Teen: It ''Haunted Me All My Life''

Ready to see a deeply personal side of Nicki Minaj? Then just pick up a copy of her new album The Pinkprint. 

The 32-year-old rapper's latest LP, which has been earning rave reviews since its release on Dec. 15, gives an unprecedented peek into the hitmakers personal life as she raps about a plethora of private topics, including the end of her 11-year relationship with Safaree Samuels as well as her decision to have an abortion when she was just a teenager. 

"One of my goals was to give people a glimpse into my personal life, because it's something I've kept very private," the "Superbass" beauty says in a new interview with Rolling Stone while flaunting her famous cleavage in a tight white tank--and leaving little to the imagination--on the cover. 

The Young Money artist admits she drew from pain in her personal life as inspiration for her album, opting to scale back on her wild antics and over-the-top alter egos. 

"I had to learn to do something as simple as sleep alone," she says, hinting at her personal hardships post-split. "I struggled with 'Do I express these feelings?' And I decided there's no reason for me to hide. I'm a vulnerable woman, and I'm proud of that."

While Minaj may be willing to share a vulnerable side like we've never seen before, the recording artist still hasn't lost sight of her mission to empower women to be both sexy and smart. 

"With a video like 'Anaconda,' I'm a grown-ass f--king woman!" she says of the music video for her bootylicious anthem. "I stand for girls wanting to be sexy and dance, but also having a strong sense of themselves. If you got a big ol' butt? Shake it! Who cares? That doesn't mean you shouldn't be graduating from college."

Another topic Minaj wasn't afraid to touch on during her chat with R.S.? Her abortion, which she first revealed on a mixtape track called "Autobiography" and later expanded upon in her single "All Things Go." 

"I thought I was going to die," the rapper says of getting pregnant while attending Manhattan-based performing-arts high school LaGuardia. "I was a teenager. It was the hardest thing I'd ever gone through." 

Minaj ultimately chose to have abortion, which, she says, was the right decision although she admits her choice has "haunted me all my life." 

"It'd be contradictory if I said I wasn't pro-choice," she reveals before adding, "I wasn't ready. I didn't have anything to offer a child." 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Netflix Pumps Brakes on Will Smith Action Film ‘Fast and Loose’