Demi Lovato Defends Her Sexier Attire: I'm Confident Enough to Wear It

The singer, who stuns on the cover of Allure's latest issue, opens up about the hurdles of owning her newfound confidence around those who start to judge it.

"I'll have people who are like ‘Stop talking about it,' but this summer I started wearing sexier stuff, and I got some hate for that, like, ‘You've changed,'" she tells the mag.

"It's like, What's wrong with being confident enough to wear this?"

Lovato, who has been very open about her struggles with body image in the past, continued, "I've never felt as confident in my skin as I do today. A year ago, on tour, almost every inch of my body was covered by clothing, and it was because I was hiding behind so many layers.

"Once I started feeling better about myself, I felt better about showing more skin. I have insecurities about my arms, so to wear a tank top on stage is extremely liberating for me, and uncomfortable sometimes. It's also a statement, like, 'Hey, watch out. You're no longer getting the insecure Demi that you've been getting for the past couple of years. I mean business now.'"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Netflix Pumps Brakes on Will Smith Action Film ‘Fast and Loose’