Avril Lavigne Is Engaged to Mod Sun After One Year of Dating


Avril Lavigne is set to again transform from "Girlfriend" to wife as she is engaged to fellow pop-punk singer Mod Sun, the couple confirmed April 7. The news comes soon after Lavigne was photographed in Los Angeles wearing a diamond engagement ring. However, it appears the duo actually got engaged in late March during a trip to Paris. "Oui! Je t'aime pour toujours," she captioned her Instagram announcement. "Dimanche. 27. Mars. 2022."

While Mod Sun wrote on his Instagram page, "The day we met I knew you were the one. Together forever til our days are done. I had a dream where I proposed in paris. I pulled out a ring + asked you to wear it. I was on one knee as I looked in your eyes. You're too beautiful for my words to describe. I grabbed your hand + took one last breath…I said 'will you marry me?' + she said 'yes'. I love you Avril."

The "Sk8ter Boi" singer, 37, and her fiancé, real name Derek Ryan Smith, met in 2020 while working on music together and began dating that November.



Citing the name of her new album, the singer said, "That's how I was feeling when I started making this album. I was, like, over it. I was like, 'I need a break from relationships, I'm gonna check out.' That didn't last very long, a couple days then I got myself a boyfriend."

Prior to dating Mod Sun, 35, Lavigne previously dated indie artist Pete Jonas, and before that, billionaire Phillip Sarofim, with whom she broke up in 2019 after more than a year. She was also previously married to Sum 41's Deryck Whibley and Nickelback singer Chad Kroeger, and also used to date Brody Jenner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Netflix Pumps Brakes on Will Smith Action Film ‘Fast and Loose’