The '90s Are Back! Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and Claudia Schiffer Are a ''Dream Come True'' for Balmain

Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid and Cara Delevingne may be the world's biggest supermodels right now, but even they can step aside for the queens who started it all.

Paying tribute to three of the sexiest women of all time, Oliver Rousteing enlisted Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell and Claudia Schiffer as the faces of his spring 2016 collection in what he describes as a "dream come true."

In the black and white spread shot by Steven Klein, the three women slay in some seriously sexy ensembles. From frilly pants to cleavage-baring tops to see-through, caged ensembles, Crawford, Campbell and Schiffer prove why they will forever remain fashion icons.
"While we shot these images, I had to smile as I imagined how my adolescent self would have reacted with utter disbelief if someone could have traveled back in time to tell me that one day I would be in a New York studio, watching Steven Klein shoot Cindy, Claudia and Naomi for my Spring 2016 campaign—for those four singular talents have inspired me from day one."

He continues, "When I was a schoolboy in Bordeaux, it was their editorials that first made clear to me the amazing transformative power of fashion. Still today, many years on, their iconic images are often found amongst the jumble on mood boards in my (and almost every other designers') atelier. To say that working with them was a dream come true is no exaggeration."

He hopes that one day these images will, in turn, help encourage other designers—not just because of the fashion, but because of the message the photos and the women in them portray.

"Watching Cindy, Claudia, Naomi and Steven instinctively work together, I was struck by the displays of confidence, professionalism and grace in front of me," Rousteing explains. "There was never any doubt that the final images would be anything but perfect. Looking at them now, I like to think that perhaps someday these shots might also form part of some future designer's mood board."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident