Willow Smith, 15, Drops Debut Album Ardipithecus and Feels Blessed to Share Her Evolution With the "LightEaters"

Willow Smith has dropped her first album, almost five years after she made her music debut with her single "Whip My Hair," and her new record's name may have you heading straight for Google.

It's called Ardipithecus and to save you the 0.04 seconds it'll take you to open a new tab and decipher that, here's a definition of the title from the 15-year-old alternative artist and daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith herself.

"Ardipithecus Ramidus is the scientific name of the first hominid bones found on earth," Willow said in a statement to USA Today. "I wanted to name my musical compilation after it because, while I was making these songs I was in such a transitional state."

"Digging deep in the soil of my heart and finding bits and pieces of my ancient self that tell stories, which end up being the lyrics to the songs," she added. "Ardipithecus is my first album in my entire career and it makes me feel so blessed to be able to share my evolution with the LightEaters as I continue excavating my inner worlds..."

Willow goes by just her first name on the album, which was released on Friday on iTunes and Spotify by Jay Z's Roc Nation label and contains songs such as "Organization and Classification," "dRuGz," "RANDOMSONG," "F Q-C #8," and "Why Don't You Cry."

She said on SKEE TV last month that her new album was coming "very, very soon" and definitely before the end of the year, but offered few details. She posted cryptic tweets over the past week that read, "Dec. 11."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Netflix Pumps Brakes on Will Smith Action Film ‘Fast and Loose’