Steve Harvey Talks Hosting Miss Universe 2015, Says He Was ''Born Ready'' for the Job

In case you missed it (which, thanks to YouTube, we're pretty sure you haven't at this point), the host of the highly-anticipated pageant accidentally read the wrong name as the Miss Universe winner, crowing Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez rather than the actual winner Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach. Since the show airs live, there was no turning back for the production team, and Harvey was forced to awkwardly apologize, remove the crown from Gutierrez and give it to Wurtzbach.

Interestingly enough, ahead of the actual live show, Harvey was incredibly confident in his role and even joked about not being "edited out."


" I was born ready. I am the guy! "He told us with confidence, "I'm here representing all men—all men who love swimsuits and gowns and makeup and hair and walks in high-heel shoes. I'm representing all men. You can call it chauvinistic if you want to. I'm here representing fellas that are watching the football game."

He added, "My wife has talked to me not to go too far in. There's been some interesting moments just at rehearsal. Here's the deal, it's live, they can't edit me out, so tune in. Here I go!"


Meanwhile, the Miss Universe Pageant has released a statement regarding the monstrous flub, acknowledging that it was a simple human mistake.

"The excitement of live TV was evident last night on the MISS UNIVERSE® stage with more than 10 million live fan votes tabulated," the statement read.  "Unfortunately, a live telecast means that human error can come into play.We witnessed that when the wrong winner was initially announced. Our sincerest apologies to Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez Arévalo, Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach, their families and fans. We congratulate Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach as Miss Universe 2015."

Of course, Harvey has also continued to apologize vehemently over his mistake, taking to Twitter to release a statement almost immediately after the show.

"I'd like to apologize wholeheartedly to Miss Colombia & Miss Philippines for my huge mistake. I feel terrible," the Family Feud host posted on Twitter. "Secondly, I'd like to apologize to the viewers at that I disappointed as well. Again it was an honest mistake. I don't want to take away from this amazing night and pageant. As well as the wonderful contestants. They were all amazing."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident