Morgan Freeman's Plane Makes Emergency Landing, Actor Unhurt Thanks to "Excellent Pilot"

Morgan Freeman has quite the scare on Saturday.

The 78-year-old Oscar-winning actor was traveling on Saturday on a private plane heading from Clarksdale, Mississippi, where he lives, to Houston, Texas when the jet blew a tire shortly upon takeoff and made an emergency landing in Tunica, about 36 miles north, local NBC affiliate WMC Action News 5 reported. Freeman and the pilot flying the plane were unhurt.

The actor said in a statement obtained by E! News that he was en route to shoot a segment for the series The Story of God, in which he serves as the host.

"Sometimes things don't go as planned and a tire blew on take-off, which caused other problems," he said. "But thanks to my excellent pilot Jimmy Hobson, we landed safely without a scratch."

"I cannot say the same about my plane," he added. "I appreciate the concern and prayers for our safety."

WMC Action News reported that in addition to a blown tire, the plane sustained additional damage.

Morgan is also a pilot and has been flying private planes for years. Hobson has given him lessons.

"He's a terrific instructor," the actor told Airport Journals. "He's taken me all the way through. I've been having a great time."

"Every opportunity I get, I fly myself," he added.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Netflix Pumps Brakes on Will Smith Action Film ‘Fast and Loose’