Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Turned a Homeless Skateboarder Into a Model

Once upon a time there was a 19-year-old boy named John Economou who came to California in pursuit of a modeling career.  However, when things didn't work out for the Milwaukee-native, he found himself homeless, living the "hippie life" on Venice Beach, Calif., and taking on the nickname of "the Romeo of Venice" due to his abilities to pick up girls and spend the night at their house when he didn't feel like sleeping on the beach (a modern day Prince Charming, if you will).
One day over the summer, he was just coming out of a dip in the ocean when good fortune in the form of Kendall and Gigi fell upon him. The Victoria's Secret Models were just wrapping up a commercial alongside Ansel Elgort and took notice of the homeless hottie.

"One of the girls said to me, ‘You're cute.' so I turned around and we struck up conversation," Economou told The Daily Mail of his lucky encounter . "I didn't realize who I was speaking to at first and it finally clicked who it was.  We were just talking, and they said I should take up modeling here in LA."

After hearing his story, Kendall decided to pull some strings with the agency she started her career with, Two Management, and the homeless skater boy eventually signed with them.
Though he hasn't booked any major gigs just yet he continues to audition and still feels incredibly lucky. "It's a crazy story," he says. "I'm just super grateful. I was just in the right place at the right time."

As for his run-in with Kendall? They don't really talk anymore, but he still has all the kindest words to say about her. "Kendall was cool, she was super down to earth and chill."

He adds, "I've been talking to Kendall's manager a lot and to Ansel but I haven't been talking to Kendall or Gigi because they are way too famous. I'd like to say thank you to them—they are the reason where I am where I am now."

And he only expects to go even further in the future.

"I want to be the top—I want to be top of the top with Kendall, with Justin Bieber with those kind of people," he reveals.  "I'm confident in myself if I can get there."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident