DIEGO COSTA ADMITS BIB THROW AT MOURINHO WAS A MISTAKE

Diego Costa admits he has been unhappy with his start to Chelsea’s season and admits he made a mistake when he threw a bib towards Jose Mourinho.

The 27-year-old has scored just four goals in 18 appearances this season, while tensions with Mourinho escalated during Chelsea’s goalless draw with Tottenham at the end of November after the striker threw a bib at his manager for not being brought on as a substitute.

“I have to improve a bit,” Costa told Onda Cero.

“The start of the season has not been good for me - not in how I have played nor in goals.

I know I have to be better to go to Euro 2016 with Spain. I have to work hard and fight, but I know I have time to improve and I hope I will.

“The bib [incident] is in the past. I made a mistake, but my relationship with Mourinho is amazing, we get on really well. There are things you need to control, but the bib thing was an impulse.


“The truth is Chelsea haven’t been in a great moment, above all losing the other day in home. Today it was important to win to make the fans happy and to recover our confidence.”

Costa clashed with Iker Casillas during Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Porto in the Champions League on Wednesday but the striker has played down the incident.

“Nothing happened with Iker, we just had a joke, there are no problems with him,” said the striker.

“How can I have problems with the captain of the Spain team?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Netflix Pumps Brakes on Will Smith Action Film ‘Fast and Loose’