Taylor Swift Will Discuss Anything...Except Katy Perry

The "Bad Blood" between Taylor Swift and Katy Perry is thicker than ever.

Asked about the song's rumored subject, Swift declines to mention Perry by name. "I'm not giving them anything to write about. I'm not walking up the street with boys. I'm not stumbling out of clubs drunk," she tells The Telegraph. "But I'm never going to talk about her in my interview. It's not going to happen."

If Swift ever does talk about her former friend, it's behind closed doors.

The singer's famous friends include Lena Dunham, Karlie Kloss and Emma Stone. Swift prides herself on being a good role model, but she has her bitchy moments, too. "It's not real if someone appears to never have any issues with anyone. I have my friends. I have enemies. I have bad days when I don't want to go to a photo shoot, but I'm not going to show up four hours late. I'm going to be there on time. I'm not nice all the time but I try not to be carelessly rude to people who don't deserve it," she says. "When I'm with my friends, we don't say glowing things about everybody. We're not sitting around going, 'You know who's really special and wonderful?' That's not what we talk about--we're normal girlfriends."

Swift, who is also BFFs with Jaime King, Lorde and Jessica Szohr, doesn't need negative people in her life. "The thing about my girlfriends right now is that none of them needs me for anything other than friendship. I love the fact that they are all passionate about their jobs, whatever their jobs are. A lot of celebrity-type people have this group of people around them where their friends' main priority is them, and they feel comfortable with that dynamic," she says. "I don't feel comfortable with that dynamic."

Like Swift, Perry understands how the media can shape people's perceptions of who she is.

"You've got to name someone the villain, someone the princess, someone the mom-, the dad-type--you know, there always have to be characters. As pop figures, we're all characters. And the media uses that. Who is the sweetheart, who is the villain? You know. Taylor's the sweetheart. [Kanye West]'s the villain," she says in Elle's March issue. "That's the narrative."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident