Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Suge Knight Hit-and-Run Video Footage Leaks, Lawyer Argues It Proves Rap Mogul Was Attacked First

Is this the missing piece of the puzzle?

An attorney for Marion "Suge" Knight argued in court today that surveillance footage of his client hitting two men with his truck and driving off (leaked footage posted by TMZ Monday) actually proves that Knight was attacked before he struck the fatal blow with his vehicle.

Terry Carter, 55, died of injuries suffered in the Jan. 29 incident, which occurred outside a fast food restaurant in the L.A. neighborhood of Compton--alleged carryover from an altercation that started on the set of a nearby shoot for a promo for the NWA biopic Straight Outta Compton.

Knight has been charged with murder, attempted murder and felony hit-and-run for killing Carter and injuring Cle "Bone" Sloane. An attorney representing Carter's family has said that the slain man did not attack his friend Knight, and the former Death Row Records mogul should have just driven off rather than hit Carter and Sloane with his car.

Knight has pleaded not guilty on all counts.

In a statement to TMZ, Carter's family said that they were "pleased you are releasing the video so the public can see what actually occurred and not be forced to speculate based on third party descriptions of the video."

Meanwhile, defense attorney Matthew Fletcher told reporters after today's brief hearing," "They attacked Suge without question. He added, "I told Suge, 'This [video] helps you beyond any stretch of the imagination.'"

In the video, Sloane can be seen reaching through Knight's driver's side window before Knight shifted gears and backed up, knocking Sloane to the ground with the driver's side mirror. Carter was standing nearby and was hit afterward. 

Fletcher also claims that Carter had been carrying a gun on the day that he died, telling TMZ that Carter's family had contacted the L.A. County Sheriff's Department to see if they had the dead man's gun.

The next hearing in the case is scheduled for March 20. Knight has been hospitalized multiple times since being taken into custody, initially with a blood clot, and last week he told the court that he's lost 30 pounds and is having trouble seeing since being locked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment