RIP Notorious B.I.G: Diddy, Kendrick Lamar, Faith Evans & More Celebs Pay Tribute to Late Rapper on Anniversary of His Death

March 9 marks the anniversary of the day that rapper Christopher Wallace, better known as Notorious B.I.G or Biggie Smalls, tragically left us in 1997.

Eighteen years ago today, the 24-year-old Brooklyn native was killed in Los Angeles just six months after the death of his West Coast rival Tupac Shakur, and in honor of his legacy, a number of Hollywood's greats have taken to Twitter, Instagram and more to pay tribute to Biggie.

His best friend and fellow Bad Boy Sean "Diddy" Combs Instagrammed a number of throwback photos, as well as hosting an event last night in memory of his fallen friend.

Meanwhile, Kendrick Lamar spit some bars to remember the rapper, and Biggie's ex-wife and R&B singer Faith Evans, his daughter T'yanna Wallace, Lil Cease, Jadakiss and Sheek Louch gathered onstage in his hometown to run through a few hits featuring B.I.G., like Lil Kim's "Crush On You," and The Lox's tribute cut "Letter to B.I.G."

Check it all out below:

Lamar decided to pay tribute in a different way.

The Compton emcee was the first guest on Big Boy's new show, LA's Real 92.3 on Monday morning and since K.Dot has cited Biggie as a major influence, he decided to spit a freestyle over B.I.G's "The What" instrumental.

"This here's what it is,I came in this game/I stuck my fingers in this game/ I wore no chain in this game/ My hood, my name in this game/Now I double up / Time to bubble up the bread and huddle up..."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident