Madonna Thinks Women Are More Marginalized Than Gay People and African-Americans

The Queen of Pop has never been one to mince words, and she's not gonna start now.

In Madonna's latest interview with Out magazine, the Grammy winner got candid about how she believes that "gay rights are way more advanced than women's rights."

"People are a lot more open-minded to the gay community than they are to women, period. It's moved along for the gay community, for the African-American community, but women are still just trading on their ass," she shared.

"To me, the last great frontier is women...Women are still the most marginalized group. You're still categorized--you're either a virgin or a whore. If you're a certain age, you're not allowed to express your sexuality, be single or date younger men."

Madge, who just released Rebel Heart, also admitted to the mag that she's always felt a "special connection" with gay men, dishing, "I didn't feel like straight men understood me."

She continued, "They just wanted to have sex with me. Gay men understood me, and I felt comfortable around them. There was only that one problem, which is that they didn't want to have sex with me! So...conundrum! I was like, 'How am I ever going to get a date? Maybe if I cut my hair and I lose a lot of weight, someone will mistake me for a guy and ask me out.'"

And when it comes to cementing her place in the entertainment world as a constant boundary-pusher, Madonna admits that sometimes she feels a bit like Joan of Arc.

"I can relate--sometimes I'm getting burned at the stake metaphorically."

You can't please everyone!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident