Ansel Elgort: I Don't Deserve to Win Best Shirtless Performance at the MTV Movie Awards

Ansel Elgort says we shouldn't be making such a fuss over his shirtless moment in The Fault in Our Stars.

In fact, he insists he should not win Best Shirtless Performance for his skin-baring work in the movie at the upcoming MTV Movie Awards.

"I don't think that was deserved," he told me of the nomination. "I'm barely shirtless in that scene, but you know, it's nice."

And if he does happen to go home with the Golden Popcorn honor, he won't be pulling a Zac Efron, who stripped off his shirt while accepting the award last year for his hot-bodied work in That Awkward Moment.

"I'm not going to rip my shirt off," Elgort said, adding, "If they do [ask me to do that], I'll be like, 'I'm going to break that trend.'"

Elgort's competition includes Channing Tatum (Foxcatcher), Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy), Kate Upton (The Other Woman) and the reigning champ Mr. Efron (Neighbors).

In his latest film Insurgent (in theaters on March 20), Elgort returns as Tris' pacifist brother, Caleb. "A lot of the cool parts I wasn't in, unfortunately," Elgort said.

He's talking about his character's peaceful nature. "I think it would be fun to do action stuff like Shailene [Woodley] did," Elgort said, adding, "[Caleb] is not the type of guy who would kill someone or hurt someone. He doesn't think it's necessary. He doesn't think the world needs violence, so when he's put into violence, he is kind of ruined by it."

And Elgort refuses to let fame ruin him, even if it means he's had to give up his anonymity. "I still go on the subway," he said, adding, "I got off a plane [yesterday] and it was 4 a.m. and there was this person who is sort of a celebrity I think. I maybe recognized her. It was 4 a.m. and she put on her sunglasses to leave the airplane! I'm like, 'You definitely want to be recognized.'"

Only people like Karl Lagerfeld and Anna Wintour can get away with such antics, Elgort said.

"If they want to wear sunglasses, they're allowed to," he said. "In fact, when I wear nothing, people say, 'You look just like that kid,' and I'm like, 'I know, dude, I get that all the time.'"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident