Sam Smith Says He'll Give Beyoncé His Grammy If He Wins Album of the Year

Sam Smith looks like a million bucks on the cover of the latest issue of Rolling Stone, and the Grammy nominee opens up to the music mag about his idols, love life and much, much more.

When asked about being constantly compared to Adele, Smith admits that he's nothing short of flattered.

"[She's] my Michael Jackson...[but] we're very different, and I feel like the constant comparisons might piss her off...it just annoys me that people can't digest two pop stars singing really personal songs who don't look like normal pop stars."

Smith was also quizzed about some of the pop world's leading ladies, like Beyoncé, Lady Gaga and Britney Spears.

"Blackout, that's my favorite Britney album. There's still some of her there. She was fighting for something. Whatever it was, she was fighting for something. I also love Circus; I love Femme Fatale. I always say to myself, 'If Britney can make it through 2007, you can make it through this."

He added that he's certain Queen Bey will beat him at this year's Grammys, saying, "I am 100 percent [sure I'll lose Album of the Year to her]. She deserves it way more than I do. I'd be embarrassed if I got it over her. If I got it, I'd give it to her."

Smith also credited Mother Monster for inspiring him to become an artist. He gushed, "Without Gaga, I wouldn't be here right now."

The "Stay With Me" crooner got even more candid about his personal life and admitted that he's not a fan of dating apps.

"I'm romantic. I feel like with Grindr and Tinder, you just lose a bit of romance. You're swiping someone's face to the left." 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident