Katy Perry Lands Cover of ESPN Magazine With J.J. Watt

Super Bowl XLIX is just around the corner, so it makes sense that the game's halftime performer, Katy Perry, has landed this month's ESPN magazine cover.

The "Dark Horse" singer is shown posing next to Houston Texans' J.J. Watt--who will be playing in the Pro Bowl this weekend--wearing a black, tan and white crop top paired with wavy black locks.

When asked whether she was nervous for her highly anticipated performance, she told the mag, "Honestly? I feel like I've outdreamt my dream. I don't get nervous about much, but I'll definitely be a little tingly inside that day."

Just last week, Perry explained in a recent interview with Refinery29 what Katycats can expect to see during her 12-minute performance.
"I put my foot down very early in the courtship," she shared. "I said, 'Look guys, here's where I draw a line in the sand. I want to be invited on my own merits and not with some fine print. I stuck to my position...I don't even care if my contract leaks...I have nothing to hide, basically."

Perry continued, "I'm all about female empowerment and uplifting people's spirits, and people finding their own voice with songs like 'Roar' and 'Firework,' so maybe there is no better person [for the show]. Hopefully I can bring that incredible strength and empowerment to people through the performance." 

It was also just revealed that Lenny Kravitz will be joining Perry on the main stage as her "first" special guest.

"He's got so much style. He's the coolest. He's the King of cool," she told NBC's Willie Geist. "He's going to make me so much cooler that day."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Netflix Pumps Brakes on Will Smith Action Film ‘Fast and Loose’