Chris Hemsworth Reflects on His Success: "It Didn't Actually Bring Me the Happiness I Thought It Was Going To"

Chris Hemsworth is arguably one of the hottest stars in Hollywood at the moment, but according to the actor himself, fame and fortune aren't all they're cracked up to be. In fact, as Hemsworth admits in GQ Australia's February 2015 issue, it's being a husband and a father that bring him the utmost satisfaction.

"You get to Hollywood, you achieve something and then you realize, 'S--t, it didn't actually bring me the happiness I thought it was going to. It didn't fix anything," says the 31-year-old movie star, perhaps best known for his role as Thor. "Look, I mean I don't wake up, look in the mirror and go, 'Yep, all is perfect.'"

Ironically, it was Hemsworth's work in a smaller film that showcased his true talents. "Everything shifted for me after Rush. It wasn't as financially successful as other things I'd done, but it gave me more movement, more options, more doors opening, more meetings," he says of diversifying his film résumé from Thor, The Avengers and Thor: The Dark World. "All of a sudden, it's, 'Oh, wow! You're an actor!'"

Hemsworth, who currently stars in Blackhat and next appears in The Avengers: Age of Ultron, recognizes that the movie industry can be superficial at times. "It's bulls--t. I remember how differently people treated me when things went well. Some directors and producers who never gave a s--t--at best, they'd have given me a sideways glance. Next time I saw them, they're my best friend," he says. "That's gross."

He's not exaggerating, either. The Australian actor reveals that he "got more calls and emails" about succeeding Adam Levine as People's "Sexiest Man Alive" than ever received "about any film" he's done.

When he's not working, though, Hemsworth is with his family. Though the actor knew that fame would change his life, his children didn't sign up for it. "When I'm with my kids, and someone is scaring my kids--which is what they'll do--that gets me fired up. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I get hot. I get flustered. And in the States, they're there, 24/7, at the gate, six feet away when you take out the rubbish." He doesn't mean to complain, he says, "But at the same time, 'Get f--ked!' Nah, mate, you don't have the right to do that. I don't give a f--k what anyone says--you're not a bonus to my career."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Netflix Pumps Brakes on Will Smith Action Film ‘Fast and Loose’