Blake Lively Gives Her First Post-Baby Interview, Wants More Kids: "This Is the Happiest Time in My Life"

Does Blake Lively ever sleep?

Shortly after giving birth to a daughter, the actress, 27, gave an interview to People for its Jan. 19 issue. Lively spoke candidly about the next phase of her life with Ryan Reynolds, her husband of over a year.

"I'm always teasing my sisters' kids that they are my own, and I'm always taking care of other people's kids," Lively said. "Maybe because I didn't grow up with little siblings, I've been making up for lost time."

According to the Age of Adaline actress, "I've always felt like a mama."

Has anything changed now that she actually is one?

"I don't feel like it's a massive change. I've always wanted a big family, and I understand that feeling when you have your first kid of 'Let's really be present in this.' I do want to just enjoy this moment. But I also feel like my first child is going to be the oldest sibling to the next kid, and that may change with each and every year. You don't just raise your kids, your kids also raise each other--oh my Lord, the things I learned from my brother Eric. He's influenced my life s much," Lively said. "So, I'm looking forward to how one baby influences the other, and to my family as a whole, to every single chapter."

Lively looks to her own mother for guidance and inspiration, saying, "I was raised by a woman who was eternally optimistic. Nearly every day my mom will leave me a voice-mail saying, 'Life is a bowl of cherries,' or singing songs. She came from humble beginnings, but if you told her she'd experienced hardship, she'd say, 'I have not!' she chose happiness and she taught me to do the same every day."

In addition to bonding with her newborn baby, Lively is determined to make Preserve, her lifestyle and e-commerce website, a success--all while promoting a movie, no less. "This is the happiest time in my life, and I could say that every day," she gushes. "I often feel like, 'I can't believe I'm experiencing this.'"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Netflix Pumps Brakes on Will Smith Action Film ‘Fast and Loose’