Read the Touching Letter This 9-Year-Old Girl Sent Her Teacher After He Came Out to the Class

And now for a story that will warm you all the way down to your soul.
Mr. R., a primary school teacher, recently came out to his class during a lesson in using the word "gay" as an insult.

"As part of anti-bullying week, I'd asked who'd heard 'gay' being used as an insult. Almost every one of my class put their hands up. I was stunned," he told Pink News. "After speaking to my Head, who was very supportive, we agreed I could tell the class that I'm gay so they at least knew one gay person and hopefully explain that when people use that word they're talking about me."

He said the reaction was very "fantastic," and after a couple of minutes of answering questions from the class (like if he had a boyfriend), they moved on from the lesson.

A couple of days later, he received this note from one of his nine-year-old students. Adorable errors have been kept in because it somehow makes the letter cuter:

Dear Mr R--:

Even though you're gay, I will alway's treat you the same way as I do now. I still think about you the same way as I used to. You're a great teacher and these are just some of the word's that I would describe you as: great, amazing, fantastic, brilliant, awesome and brave.

The reason why I say brave, is because you shared a personal secret, which was very brave.

You don't have to feel scared because I know that everyone in the class feels the same way as I do.

From A--

 x

P.S. Mr R--, we are all proud of you.

"Reading it brought tears to my eyes and it took me a little while to compose myself," Mr. R said. "For my class it was a surprise sure but, to them, it was just something simple and easy to file away as another piece of information. There was no judgment, no follow up, just acceptance. Now, I can mention my fiancé as easily as any other teacher and my class knows me a little better. I've had a lot of letters and cards over the years, but this one I know I'll keep forever."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Netflix Pumps Brakes on Will Smith Action Film ‘Fast and Loose’