Solange Knowles Delays Release of Puma Shoes in Honor of Michael Brown

While most retailers are doing their best to move as much product as possible during the biggest shopping weekend of the year, Solange Knowles is keeping her upcoming line of shoes off the market.

The newly wed was supposed to release her "Wild Wonder" line of Puma sneakers on Black Friday, but decided to postpone it due to the outcome of the Darren Wilson case.

"To echo my feelings shared surrounding the outcome of the Michael Brown case, I have solely decided to postpone the release of my Puma collaboration originally scheduled to release this Friday, November 28th to Monday December 1st," she writes on her Instagram. "I am truly grateful for everyone's support and excited to share this collection with you soon..."

This past week, a grand jury did not indict Ferguson, Mo. police officer Darren Wilson, who in August shot and killed unarmed teen Michael Brown. Several celebs have voiced their outrage over the outcome of the case that has fueled protests and unrest across the country.

"As a society how do we do better and stop things like this happening time after time!!" LeBron James wrote on his Instagram. "I'm so sorry to these families. Violence is not the answer people. Retaliation isn't the solution as well. #PrayersUpToTheFamilies #WeHaveToDoBetter"

Solange announced her partnership with Puma on her Tumblr page back in November of 2013.

"I am extremely excited to announce that I am now able to apply my passion for all things design into my new roll as an art director for the iconic puma!" she wrote. "It is in my new role that I am able to express my love for not only design but the conception of creative ideas, and the execution of them by curating amazingly talented teams."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident