Selena Gomez Debuts "The Heart Wants What It Wants" Music Video--Is the Song About Justin Bieber?


Selena Gomez is ready to wear her heart on her sleeve. "I have been waiting to share this with all of you," the singer tweeted Thursday. "The video for my new single 'The Heart Wants What It Wants.'"

The black-and-white video opens with a voice recording of Gomez, 22, talking about being wronged by a man, presumably her on-and-off boyfriend Justin Bieber, 20. Fighting back tears and revealing little details, she says, "When I was on stage and I was thinking of...I felt like I know...I know him, though, and I know his heart and I know what he wouldn't do to hurt me. But I didn't realize that feeling so confident and feeling so great about myself and then [to have] it just be completely shattered by one thing, by something so stupid. But then you make me feel crazy, you make me feel like it's my fault. I was in pain."

"You got me sippin' on somethin' / I can't compare to nothin' / I've ever known / I'm hopin' / That after this fever I'll survive / I know I'm acting a bit crazy / Strung out, a little bit hazy / Hand over heart, I'm prayin' / That I'm gonna make it out alive," Gomez sings. "The bed's gettin' cold and you're not here / The future that we hold is so unclear / But I'm not alive until you call / And now I bet the odds against it all / Save your advice, 'cause I won't hear / You might be right, but I don't care / There's a million reasons why I should give you up / But the heart wants what it wants / The heart wants what it wants."

When Gomez isn't crying, she's hooking up with a bad boy. "The Heart Wants What It Wants," indeed.

Before she released the video, which will appear on her greatest hits album, Gomez posted a photo a recording session on Instagram. "As I have a last listen, I thought a lot about my year. I thought a lot about my voice. And after a year of holding on. I think it's time to start sharing. #November," she wrote.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident