Lindsay Lohan's Probation Ends in Necklace Theft Case--But She's Not in the Clear Just Yet

Keep up the good work, Lindsay Lohan!

A judge has ended the actress' probation in a necklace theft case. He said she appears to be doing well and plans to complete her community service and counseling requirements in another criminal matter.

During Thursday's hearing, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge James R. Dabney said Lohan had received favorable reports from her counselor and an agency in London that works with neglected children and disabled people. Lohan is performing community service there while starring in the play Speed-the-Plow.

The judge Lohan has "picked up the pace" recently while doing community service in London. Dabney added that the actress has completed 102 hours of her 240-hour community service sentence so far.

"The judge was pleased, the prosecutors were pleased and of course I'm pleased that Lindsay's doing well on probation, with her career, and generally with her life," Lohan's attorney, Shawn Holley, said.

Lohan did not attend the hearing. Dabney set a Jan. 28 hearing to get a progress update.

The Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen actress had been on probation for a 2011 case, in which she was accused of taking a $2,500 necklace from a Venice, Calif., store without permission. Lohan, who has been to rehab multiple times, has been on probation since 2007, when she was arrested twice for DUI.

The 28-year-old Mean Girls star will remain on probation for reckless driving and lying to police, though. The charges stem from Lohan crashing her Porsche while driving to the Lifetime set of Liz & Dick in 2012.

When Lohan appeared on OWN's Oprah's Next Chapter in August 2013 (just months before her eight-episode docuseries premiered), the actress said she resented being seen as the poster child for troubled starlets. "I hate that. I hate that label and that title. That's not what I ever aspired to be," she told Oprah Winfrey. "As long as I stay honest with myself and do the work I'm willing to do, then there's nothing that can stand in my way of that. I'm my own worst enemy." Later in the interview, she vowed she was willing to work hard, saying, "I have to regain the trust of people in my career and I fully respect that."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident