Kerry Washington Not Stressing Over Losing Baby Weight: ''I'm Breastfeeding, So I Can't Starve Myself''

While Kerry Washington may seemingly be back to her pre-baby weight, rest assured, the Scandal stunner did not go to extremes to shed the lbs.

"I'm breastfeeding, so I can't starve myself," the 37-year-old new mom, who welcomed daughter Isabella with husband Nnamdi Asomugha in April, shared during an appearance on BET's 106 & Park, where she turned heads in a fitted black leather dress.

Washington most recently appeared on Allure's November issue, looking absolutely gorgeous for what appeared to be a no-makeup shoot. The actress later clarified that she is wearing a bit of makeup on the cover, telling hosts Bow Wow and Keshia Chante, "I think it's unfair to feel like you have to wake up and be perfect, you wake up and just be the best version of yourself you can be."

As for Washington's secret to shedding the baby weight?

"I've always been a person who really approaches health in a proactive way," she revealed. "I work out, I eat right so those were the things I continued to do once the doctor said I could, but not to be crazy about it."

She added that "it's important for me to be a good mom and be a good actor and be responsible to myself and my family."

The Emmy-nominated actress, who has always been fiercely private when it comes to her personal life, also shared why she keeps her family life out of the public eye.

"I guess I feel like, for me, what I do for a living is I become other people," she explained. "So it's important for me to keep my private life private because then you can really believe that I'm these other people."

The Scandal star, who wed her football player hubby in June 2013, continued, noting she likes to keep the focus on her career.

"You're not worried about my life, you worried about Olivia Pope's life. And Olivia Pope's life is much more interesting than Kerry Washington's life, so I like to keep the focus there," she said. "Also, look, for me and my work I give 150 percent, I do not hold back at all, but I feel like something has to be mine. So, with my family we got to keep each other for each other and the work belongs to everybody."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Netflix Pumps Brakes on Will Smith Action Film ‘Fast and Loose’