Katy Perry Bares Cleavage in Lingerie in "Lolita" Selfie, Taken in Bed

Katy Perry wants you to know she's feeling very "Lolita"...again.

On Thursday, one of her days off from her current Prismatic World Tour, the 30-year-old pop star, who is currently in Australia, posted on Twitter a suggestive selfie. She appears in a cleavage-baring black lace lingerie while lounging in what appears to be a bed and giving a sultry stare.

"Feeling v Lolita rn [right now]," she said alongside the pic, which has been retweeted more than 24,000 times as of Thursday afternoon.

The "Firework" singer doesn't share selfies that often and this one marks one of the raciest pics ever seen on her social media pages.

Russian novelist Vladimir Nabokov's 1955 novel Lolita, one of the most popular and controversial literary works in the world, depicts the sexual relationship between a man and his 12-year-old stepdaughter. Perry has talked about her "obsession" with the character Lolita. She even has her own branded set of false eyelashes named after her.

The book Lolita has been adapted into several movies, including a 1962 film by Stanley Kubrick, starring Sue Lyon, Shelley Winters and James Mason, as well as a 1997 remake that aired on Showtime, starring The Lion King actor Jeremy Irons and Domonique Swain.

The cover of Perry's 2008 album One of the Boys , which shows the singer wearing a '50-style crop top and shorts while posing on a lawn chair, is an homage to Lyon's Lolita in Kubrick's movie.

The record's title track contains the lyrics, "So over the summer something changed / I started reading Seventeen and shaving my legs / And I studied Lolita religiously / And I walked right into school and caught you staring at me."

"As many of you readers know... I am mildly obsessed with the character Lolita," Perry said in her now-defunct Buzznet blog in 2008. "I have studied this woman's every move. I found her a most fascinating creature...she was young and innocent but had a bit of a sex kitten in her and knew exactly how to use it."

"I have ALWAYS been obsessed with the Lolita portrayed by the fantastic actress, Dominique Swain in the movie Lolita with Jeremy Irons (A MUST BUY)," she said. "I have studied her every move, braided my hair like hers, tried to find jumpers like hers and high waisted shorts. To this woman...lolita/Dominique I owe my career practically."

Perry said she "was in heaven" when she got to meet Swain in person, at one of her concerts.

"I was nervous to ask a picture from her...THEN we sent them home with some Katy Perry Lolita's!" the singer said. "SHE GAVE ME THE POSE! OMG! I melted into a pool."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident