Katherine Heigl Addresses Rumors That She's a "Rude" Actress, Admits "I've Made Mistakes"


Katherine Heigl has had her highs and lows in the industry.

While she's won over plenty of fans for her work in Grey's Anatomy and big screen movies like Knocked Up, the actress has also faced reports that she can be a bit difficult behind the scenes.

Need an example? Grey's creator Shonda Rhimes recently blasted the 35-year-old when she described her "no a--holes" policy. "There are no Heigls in this situation...I don't put up with bulls--t or nasty people. I don't have time for it."

In a recent Facebook Q&A in support of her new drama State of Affairs, Heigl was asked by one fan about the "rumors that your very rude." Her response may surprise you!

"Yeah I've heard those too....honestly I don't think I am...nothing makes me more uncomfortable than confrontation or hurting someones feelings and I would never, ever, actively do so on purpose," she explained. "Of course just like any human being I've made mistakes and unwittingly or carelessly spoken or acted but I always try to make any wrong right."

She continued, "That doesn't mean I won't stand up for myself by drawing boundaries and asking to be treated kindly and respectfully but I don't do that with any rude or unkind intentions just with the same strength and honestly I think every one of us is entitled to."

But instead of dwelling on the past, Heigl is trying to get fans pumped about her latest series coming to NBC this month.

In the drama State of Affairs, Heigl plays CIA briefer Charlie Tucker who used to be engaged to President Constance Payton (Afre Woodard)'s son. Thoughout the season, Tucker finds herself tackling a mission she just can't seem to stop.

"I am going to find every last person who had anything to do with the death of my fiancé and your son, and I'm going to end every single one of their lives," her character tells the President in a behind the scenes teaser.

So what does Heigl like most about her new role on the small screen?

"There is so much about the story and the character that drew me in! I love that [Charlie] is a strong, intelligent, powerful woman who has these weaknesses and vulnerabilities," she explained on Facebook. "I love her patriotism and sense of duty and honor. I love her relationship with the president played by the incredible Miss Alfre Woodard."

And although she loves her new talented cast, Heigl also can't help but gush about her Grey's Anatomy family. When asked who she still keeps in touch with, Mrs. Josh Kelley revealed a long list of friends.

"T.R. [Knight] is family! He's my daughter's Godfather and one of the best friends I've ever had!! Justin [Chambers] and his lovely wife Keisha are good friends, Kate Walsh is my lady hero!" she wrote. "I pretty much love everyone else on Grey's! Great cast, great group of people!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident