Jennifer Lopez Used to Assume That People "Just Hated" Her, but Now She's on the Road to Being Happy With Herself

If it can happen to Jennifer Lopez...

The pop star, actress and American Idol judge sat down with E! News' Alicia Quarles yesterday in New York, where she opened up further about the topics she discusses in her new memoir True Love--particularly how she has realized over the years that being in a relationship is no substitute if a girl isn't in love with herself first and foremost.

"I would describe the woman I am today as a work in progress, a 'WIP'!" Lopez smiled. "And this was the beginning of what I think is going to be a life-long journey of being content and happy with myself."

"I have to know how great I am, you know--all of us need to know how great we are," she added. "That we're worth it...All of the things I'm involved with have the same message and it's that you must love yourself first, that the love that you're looking for is inside you.

"That sounds like a weird thing sometimes but it's so real, and when you can really appreciate the person you are--not what you've accomplished, not the money that you have...none of that, just the girl you are--that person is just a good, funny, generous loving person."

"You always have to be the most important [person in your life]. That's what love is," she said.

And while she has had millions of fans all over the world for years, J.Lo admits that she used to feed into all the negativity out there and ended up assuming that no one liked her.

"We have a tendency to focus on the negative and I let that work on my self-esteem," Lopez said. "I was always thinking that people didn't like me, they just hated me...It's such a ridiculous notion, we tend to do this to ourselves."

Watch the full clip above to find out what gave J.Lo "a boost" at just the right time in her life--and the platinum-selling superstar also reveals what qualities she's looking for in a relationship down the road, when she's "ready for that."

Non-famous guys, listen up--you're not out of the running yet!

Credits: E!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident