Angelina Jolie Still Considering a Potential Political Career: "I Want to Help to Make Change"


Could Angelina Jolie be putting away the scripts for good?

Maybe!

She previously opened up to Vanity Fair, but the writer-director-actress seems to be debating a permanent career change once again. Already a major humanitarian involved in charities across the globe, Jolie told ITV News that she would consider making a permanent switch if she knew she "felt I could make a difference."

She still seems unclear as to what path she will ultimately follow, but the Unbroken director knows that she wants to help wherever she can.

"I don't know what that means or where that will lead me but I want to be effective," says Jolie, who became a UN Goodwill Ambassador in 2001. "I want to help to make change."

Since joining the UN's global efforts, Jolie, 39, has risen to the rank of director and special envoy for the UN High Commissioner for Refugees. With so much experience under her belt, Jolie is more than aware of the atrocities plaguing other nations.

"We have overall a failing of international leadership when we have 51 million people displaced from conflict, more people displaced than since after World War II, when we have completely open-ended conflicts, when we have crises like Syria," she said. "We seem to be completely unable to handle it and make ground and help all of the people who are starving and dying at the moment...I think clearly if you look around the world you can say that we simply are not doing enough."

The Maleficent actress always has balanced her time between her Hollywood career and her humanitarian work--she even was named an honorary dame by Queen Elizabeth II, but she previously told Vanity Fair that she knows her A-list actress status might inhibit any chance at a political career.

"I honestly don't know in what role I would be more useful," Jolie confessed. "I am conscious of what I do for a living, and that could make it less possible."

She also told George Stephanopoulos during an interview on Good Morning America in May that she wasn't sure how her fame would affect the potential new career.

"But I'm not sure if I would ever be taken seriously in that way and be able to be effective."

Do you think Angelina Jolie should run for office? Sound off in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident