Sam Smith Opens Up About Heartbreak, Reveals He Wants a Husband and Kids

Sam Smith's music is so personal, the 22-year-old admits he sometimes wants to break down in tears mid-concert.

"I stand onstage and I wanna cry for the entire thing because people know my business. You all know me," the "Stay With Me" singer tells Teen Vogue. "You can read as many interviews as you want, but if you put on my record, I'm telling you, that is me."

Part of his debut album was inspired by unrequited love. "I fell in love with someone last year, and he didn't love me back," Smith revealed to the mag. "I deleted him off of WhatsApp, and it felt like I'd just broken up with him. On the record you can hear heartbreak, and there's a beauty in that I will always treasure."

Smith has been openly gay before making it big in the music world. "With the whole gay thing, I've had zero reaction, which says something beautiful about our generation and how things are getting a little bit better," he admits.

While Smith may not have found his true love yet, he sees a future in settling down.

"The idea of having a house, a kid, a husband, and a dog...I love that," he gushes. "I also really want to open a coffee and flower shop one day, probably in Italy."

Earlier this year, Smith similarly opened up about his sexuality. "I am comfortable with myself, and my life is amazing in that respect. I'm very comfortable and happy with everything," he dished. "I've been treated as normal as anyone in my life; I've had no issues. I do know that some people have issues in life, but I haven't, and it's as normal as my right arm."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident