Nick Cannon Focusing on Family Through Mariah Carey Split, Says He Doesn't ''Pay Attention'' to Amber Rose Rumors

After seemingly confirming his split from Mariah Carey last week, the 34-year-old America's Got Talent host is revealing why he's been so vocal and candid when it comes to his marriage problems.

"That was a lot of people's advice, 'Lay low.' Being a public figure, of course you don't ever want to deal with your personal life in the public, but I'm the type of dude I deal with everything head-on," Cannon told E! News last night at his St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children event at the Hard Rock Café NYC. "I'm not a hider, I never hold punches, hold my tongue. I'm as candid as I can possibly be, but I try and be as respectful, as classy and the best human being I possibly can be."

Since his split, Cannon was the subject of rumors claiming he and newly single star Amber Rose were more than just friends.

"I don't pay attention to it, because the beauty about gossip is there's always another story tomorrow," he said of the romance rumors. "And when you know what you're representing, when you're walking in truth, you're not really concerned about rumors and lies. My grandfather told me, 'What other people think about me is really none of my business.'"

"Let them think about what they want to think about, and ultimately my actions will speak louder than the words of whatever," the father of two added. "So whatever they say on blogs or tabloids or gossip shows, it's like, 'Hey, you can say that. Hopefully it's entertaining. Hopefully it's working out for you.' But I'm focusing on the right things and that's my family and my children."

Last week, Rose also laughed off the romance rumors. When asked what is the biggest lie she's ever heard about herself that she would like to clear up, she replied, laughing, "That I've slept with Nick Cannon!!!"

"Not true," she said, joking, "Cool for him...but no, didn't happen."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident