Halle Berry Reveals How Being Married to a Frenchman Change Her--and How Her Boobs Stay Perky!

Halle Berry isn't the same woman she was five years ago.

"I have definitely changed as a result of being married to a French husband," the Extant actress tells Yahoo! Style, referring to Olivier Martinez. "French women would not put their sweats on and run out to the market. So I care more about what I wear out of the house, because if not, he calls me out on it."

What's underneath is of equal importance. "They put a lot of energy into their outerwear, but also their underwear," she says. "They're not going to get caught in an emergency room without being prepared."

Feeling inspired, Berry re-launched Scandale Paris, an 82-year-old luxury lingerie line. "[My mother] said if I don't want my boobs to hit my knees by the time I'm 30, always wear a bra, even to bed," she recalls. Though she's inarguably sexy, Berry argues, "I don't think I'm using my sex symbol image, if that's what you want to call it, to sell the line. I'm not the model, so no I'm not trying to use that part of me at all."

Berry co-owns the company, but she's not turning her back on acting. In fact, at age 48, she's getting a chance to revamp her image. "I think both actors and actresses face this. It's not just women. As an actor you face having to age and redefine yourself. The roles you were able to play before, you can't play anymore. So you have to adapt and play a different role," she explains. "And as actresses, we need to accept that we're not always going to be the sexy ingénue, but hopefully we get better with age."

Berry is one of the most recognizable women in the world, but her 6-year-old daughter, Nahla Aubry, has no idea that her mom is famous. When she saw the star on the cover of a magazine, for example, "That confused her," the Academy Award winner tells Yahoo! Style. "She was like, Mommy, is that you?"

"She hasn't seen any of my movies, so she doesn't quite understand what I do for a living," says Berry, who also has a 1-year-old son, Maceo Martinez, with her husband. "The beauty of our lifestyle is my daughter doesn't see me as any different than anyone else. I try very hard to be like other mothers."

And, like most moms, she's willing to step outside her comfort zone for the sake of her kids. "I'm sitting back and trying to figure out how I can be a part of social media," say Berry, who doesn't use Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. "It's my children's world and I want to be of it and with them. It's about embracing change and evolution and it's where the world is going, so I know that I need to be a part of it." Still, she's wary that signing up for social media accounts will invite negativity into her life. "I've learned that I can't care about what people say about me because caring is too stressful and too hurtful. It can start to matter and affect you when you think about being a brand. People want know that they can trust you," the Kidnap actress says. "But I'm happy to say none of the negative things that come from those people hiding behind their computers -- I call them the haters -- have permeated me through my career."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mila Kunis Jokes About Adjusting to Her "Amazing" Big Boobs, Trains Baby Wyatt to Become a Chicago Bears Fan

2022 GRAMMYS RED CARPET

Will Smith Banned From Attending Oscars For a Decade After Chris Rock Incident